So you have initiated legal action in your local state court but an entity or person that you need information from is based out of or otherwise located in the state of Arizona. What do you do? Well, if you want someone to tell you how to do it (yep, step by step instructions) or otherwise don’t really want to mess with it much at all, you can seek help from Beebe Law, PLLC. Simply start by filling out the Arizona State Subpoena Domestication Intake Form. If you just want to learn a little more…keep reading.
Every state has their own unique set of laws and procedures when it comes to domesticating a foreign subpoena and Arizona is no exception. The following are a few important points:
- Make sure you know who the entity’s statutory agent is and where they are located. You should be able to find this by searching the Arizona Corporation Commission’s website.
- Ensure that you are complying with Arizona’s Interstate Depositions and Discovery rules.
- If you are asking for medical records or anonymous author information, there are special rules/laws surrounding that you will need to research.
- If you are commanding attendance at a deposition or hearing be sure you are doing it at a location consistent with the rules.
- Don’t forget your witness fees!
- You will have to arrange to have the subpoena served, e.g. through a process server.
Many can absolutely accomplish the goal of foreign subpoena domestication in Arizona entirely on their own (as long as you pay close attention to the rules) however, if you are unsure of the process, or otherwise just don’t want the hassle of it, feel free to reach out to us. We are here to help you navigate and/or take over the nuances and have created an entire Foreign State Subpoena Domestication Intake Form to get you started.
If you are in need of assistance with laws and procedure in the state of Arizona and are looking for that solid “friend in the lawyering business” consider Beebe Law, PLLC! We truly enjoy helping our business and individual clients meet and exceed their goals! Contact us today.